Bird's Nest Porridge With Shredded Chicken
—Bep Gia Dinh
What a delicious and nutritous porridge. Let's give it a try!
- Soak the bird's net in a bowl with hot water until expanded and softened, then pluck out any feathers or debris using kitchen tweezers. If you have enough time, you can also soak the bird's net in cool water overnight instead. Rinse and drain then shred the bird's net into smaller parts.
- Wash and rinse the rice then soak it for 30 minutes. Peel off carrots and chop them into dice. Wash and rinse spring onion then cut into thin slices.
- Scrape off the skin of ginger, gently bash then cut into thin slides. Add water and ginger into a pot then cook until boiled.
- Add bird's nest into ginger water, heat on medium heat in 5 minutes then remove from heat and drain. After that put bird's net into a small bow and steam for 30 minutes.
- Wash chicken breast then boil for 10 minutes. Remember to add some salt into the boiling water. Drain and shred the chicken breast.
- Heat the broth and add rice then cook for 20 minutes. Add bird's nest into the pot then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for another 5 minutes then remove from heat. Remember to stir well when cooking.